Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Summer fun!


I feel like in the summer we get to spend more time doing leisure activities then during the rest of the year....but do we really? When I was a kid summer was all about leisure! Nothing but leisure! All I did was play with my friends and go to camp. I remember when all that changed, I was 16 and got my first real job. from that summer on I was no longer a kid I have spent every summer since then working full time. Every summer it seems like working during the summer becomes more and more important. So I guess summer is no longer only for leisure, now I have rent to pay groceries to buy. Leisure and when I get to enjoy leisure has certainly changed over the years.

However I am happy to say I did get to spend three weeks this summer in BC with my Dad! That was finally some care free leisure time.

No comments: